DAYZ STALKER
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DAYZ STALKER

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

This is not a Stalker server.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
cptkickercutleg

This is not a Stalker server. Empty
PostSubject: This is not a Stalker server.   This is not a Stalker server. I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 14, 2014 1:19 am

Nope, this is essentially just an RDM, PVP server. Nothing STALKER-ish do I sense here, no Bloodsuckers, no STALKER skins, no factions, no artifacts.
No MERCY.
No HEART.

Nothing to suggest that this might ever be a server or a community I'd like to be a part of.
I can walk around with NOTHING, LITERALLY NOTHING on my person, and apparently that makes me prime beef for murder, not even a hold up as Bandits do in STALKER, just random, senseless killing.
This is not the Zone, this is just Arma II.
Back to top Go down
PIFF

PostSubject: Re: This is not a Stalker server.   This is not a Stalker server. I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 14, 2014 8:20 pm

cptkickercutleg wrote:
Nope, this is essentially just an RDM, PVP server. Nothing STALKER-ish do I sense here, no Bloodsuckers, no STALKER skins, no factions, no artifacts.
No MERCY.
No HEART.

Nothing to suggest that this might ever be a server or a community I'd like to be a part of.
I can walk around with NOTHING, LITERALLY NOTHING on my person, and apparently that makes me prime beef for murder, not even a hold up as Bandits do in STALKER, just random, senseless killing.

Well, this is the best independent dayz server in the world....ranked at number 9 as of writing this for ALL DAYZ games world wide....

http://www.gametracker.com/search/dayzmod/

there is only 3 dayz servers above S.T.A.L.K.E.R, and they are run by a huge corporation based in GERMANY... so, that makes DAYZ STALKER the #1 independent DAYZ 1.8.0.3 server in the world.

its true, it doesnt have the mutants , and bloodsuckers, so now its not like the stalker game, but it does share some characteristics of how the world looks...it can remind you of stalker when doing basic things like movement in an open world and day to night changes........Its not ARMA 2,  there are no over powered tanks, and jets here but it does have alot of action... Its more of a guerrilla warfare small arms fire server. And everyone spawns with a loadout here, dont know you mean by walk around with nothing...as for factions, start a faction...make friends and make them start a faction and play them.

but your free to state your opinion and free to go play on another server and search through empty soda cans and rotten fruit. or hey, even better, go spend $30 on the crippled DAYZ STAND ALONE game which is trying to use a helicopter simulator engine to run a MMO-FPS world and  wont never play as good as this MOD. this is close as your going to get to real PVP style STALKER gameplay(minus the bloodsuckers,ect) stable with 75 people packed everyday during peak time and 45 people average   daily...
Back to top Go down
cptkickercutleg

PostSubject: Re: This is not a Stalker server.   This is not a Stalker server. I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 16, 2014 7:20 pm

PIFF wrote:
cptkickercutleg wrote:
No MERCY.
No HEART.

Well, this is  the best independent dayz server in the world....ranked at number 9 as of writing this for ALL DAYZ games world wide....

there is only 3 dayz servers above S.T.A.L.K.E.R, and they are run by a huge corporation based in GERMANY... so, that makes DAYZ STALKER the #1 independent DAYZ 1.8.0.3 server in the world.

its true, it doesnt have the mutants , and bloodsuckers, so now its not like the stalker game, but it does share some characteristics of how the world looks...it can remind you of stalker when doing basic things like movement in an open world and day to night changes........Its not ARMA 2,  there are no over powered tanks, and jets here but it does have alot of action... Its more of a guerrilla warfare small arms fire server. And everyone spawns with a loadout here, dont know you mean by walk around with nothing...as for factions, start a faction...make friends and make them start a faction and play them.

but your free to state your opinion and free to go play on another server and search through empty soda cans and rotten fruit. or hey, even better, go spend $30 on the crippled DAYZ STAND ALONE game which is trying to use a helicopter simulator engine to run a MMO-FPS world and  wont never play as good as this MOD. this is close as your going to get to real PVP style STALKER gameplay(minus the bloodsuckers,ect) stable with 75 people packed everyday during peak time and 45 people average   daily...

What has been made here is a game of Battlefield without the tanks and jets. When I said I was shot while holding nothing, I meant it. I had dropped all my gear and was walking around without any items, thus there was no point in killing me. I said so over Side chat.
I've never actually met someone that doesn't pointlessly KOS like it's their first time with an automatic rifle.
The original DayZ is more like Stalker than this, as in Stalker, you had to work your way up in armaments, starting with a crappy little Makarov. If you teamed up with Freedom in SoC, most Bandits wouldn't KoS, if you joined Duty, you'd have access to a regimented faction who had an actual goal: Keeping newbies safe from the dangers of the Zone.

There aren't any non-player threats in this, and in STALKER, I found that other Stalkers were often the least of my worries, instead, I was more panicked about the horde of blind dogs, or the pseudo-dog, the chimera or the growls of a bloodsucker, Stalker was more based on surviving a zone full of dangers where everyone is out to survive, and bullets are usually at a premium.

Surely it'd be more like the titular STALKER to have food and drink spawns reactivated, loadouts restricted to a flashlight, Makarov, a small backpack, etc?
As you say, this is more like a warfare server, just PVP and little reason to band together, everyone is a Bandit and killing is necessary for food, as it doesn't spawn anywhere else.
Back to top Go down
PIFF

PostSubject: Re: This is not a Stalker server.   This is not a Stalker server. I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 1:06 am

cptkickercutleg wrote:
PIFF wrote:
cptkickercutleg wrote:
No MERCY.
No HEART.

Well, this is  the best independent dayz server in the world....ranked at number 9 as of writing this for ALL DAYZ games world wide....

What has been made here is a game of Battlefield without the tanks and jets. When I said I was shot while holding nothing, I meant it. I had dropped all my gear and was walking around without any items, thus there was no point in killing me. I said so over Side chat.
I've never actually met someone that doesn't pointlessly KOS like it's their first time with an automatic rifle.
The original DayZ is more like Stalker than this, as in Stalker, you had to work your way up in armaments, starting with a crappy little Makarov. If you teamed up with Freedom in SoC, most Bandits wouldn't KoS, if you joined Duty, you'd have access to a regimented faction who had an actual goal: Keeping newbies safe from the dangers of the Zone.

There aren't any non-player threats in this, and in STALKER, I found that other Stalkers were often the least of my worries, instead, I was more panicked about the horde of blind dogs, or the pseudo-dog, the chimera or the growls of a bloodsucker, Stalker was more based on surviving a zone full of dangers where everyone is out to survive, and bullets are usually at a premium.

Surely it'd be more like the titular STALKER to have food and drink spawns reactivated, loadouts restricted to a flashlight, Makarov, a small backpack, etc?
As you say, this is more like a warfare server, just PVP and little reason to band together, everyone is a Bandit and killing is necessary for food, as it doesn't spawn anywhere else.

I could add roaming AI bandits, I was thinking of adding some AI bandits to fortify the bases with guns. If I knew how to code, I would change the skins of the zombies and make them bloodsuckers....I would add mad dogs to the game..and radiation zones.. but I dont know how to code, so I leave the game as is, smoke a blunt and use my imagination..

In theory, someone could take arma 2 and mod it for STALKER a true STALKER experience with blood suckers, bandits....

I will try adding AI in the game guarding the bases, I was going to do it I just havent had time... ill post something on the forums when its done
Back to top Go down
cptkickercutleg

PostSubject: Re: This is not a Stalker server.   This is not a Stalker server. I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:18 am

PIFF wrote:
I could add roaming AI bandits, I was thinking of adding some AI bandits to fortify the bases with guns. If I knew how to code, I would change the skins of the zombies and make them bloodsuckers....I would add mad dogs to the game..and radiation zones.. but I dont know how to code, so I leave the game as is, smoke a blunt and use my imagination..

In theory, someone could take arma 2 and mod it for STALKER a true STALKER experience with blood suckers, bandits....

I will try adding AI in the game guarding the bases, I was going to do it I just havent had time... ill post something on the forums when its done

Man, have you SEEN the AI on ARMA II?
They'll headshot at a range of 1000m with a SAW, they're damn lethal in my experience. If there was a way to reduce their accuracy dramatically (The AI don't suffer from recoil), then I'd be all for adding bandit AI, but until then, I'll hide on my friendly Epoch server.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: This is not a Stalker server.   This is not a Stalker server. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

This is not a Stalker server.
Page 1 of 1